Monday, March 30, 2009

Pacifier

So Peyton has had a paci since she was born. With all her tummy problems and crying all the time...it was really a nice thing to have. She is 2 1/2 now and she has had a paci at naps and night time only. I have been thinking that it's probably time to get rid of it. We have tried a couple of times but I am weak. So we told Peyton that is she stopped using a paci that she could get a new doll house. Yesterday was her first day without it. She did good at her nap and was so tired she feel asleep while Nate read her a book. Then at night it was a little harder. She cried for about 10-15 minutes. Then I just went in there and asked if I could sing her a song and snuggle with her. I told her she had to stop crying if she wanted me to do that. It worked. I had to stay with her for longer than I usually have to but she fell asleep without her pacifier. She slept really good and was so excited when she woke up.
We decided to make all of this a big deal. So after she got up from a nap we had the table set with cupcakes, candles, flowers and a princess balloon. She was so excited and we kept telling her how proud we are of her. We sang "Happy no paci day". It was pretty cute. Then we had told her that if she was all done with her paci and she could go to bed without it we would go get her a new doll house. So today we went to Toys R Us and got her a Fisher Price Loving Family doll house. She LOVES it. I have been wanting a reason to get this for her so I was glad that she finally is done with her pacifier. So we got home about noon, it's now 5:00 and she played with it all day except for going outside for about 20 minutes, then she was back to playing with it. It's hard because it was a beautiful day and I kept trying to get her to go outside. Well I took a couple pictures of what we did. It was a fun day and I love her with all my heart. She can't be any cuter. Now I just have to buy her more furniture for the house. It's HUGE.









1 comment:

Paula said...

Way to go!!! YAY PEYTON!!! The pictures are ADORABLE!