Monday, March 30, 2009

Being Polite

So I am really big on Peyton being polite. It's hard some times with all the other kids and grown ups and tv shows. I just try to make sure I say please and thank you, use kind words, and show respect to other people. I try to get Peyton to be polite. She is 2 1/2 so it's hard to know if she really understands. She is pretty good about remembering to say please and thank you. Mind you she is 2 so it's not all the time...and mind you I don't think she is perfect. But this little story is just something that melts my heart and I want to remember forever.
We were walking into Papa's pizza on Coburg Road and there was a younger guy that was walking in front of us to the door. He was sweet and opened the door for our family. Peyton was the first to walk in and what to you know.....she looked up to the guy and it the cutest voice said "thank you" as she walked in. Right then and there I just stopped and was just in awe that my daughter did that all on her own. So was the guy that opened the door. I think he was in shock that such a little thing knew to say thank you for holding the door open for her.
So I am so proud of her and all that hard work is actually paying off. I'm glad that she pays attention when I say stuff to her. I think she isn't listening but she is. I just want my children to be polite and respectful. So that when they grow up they will surround themselves with people that are that way too.

No comments: